Trader Joe's Uniquely Good Items
Trader Joe's is an excellent grocery store with a good mix of
affordable staples and unique, tasty specialty items. They have low
prices without the worry of coupon-cutting or privacy-violating
loyalty cards or club cards.
Below are some of my recommendations for unique items that are
particularly tasty, different, healthy, or all three. I have made a
shopping list with
these items, as well as a complete shopping list including affordable staples.
- Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls: This package of five refrigerated,
produces delicious cinnamon rolls: flaky crust on the outside, moist
on the inside. The included icing is enough for a generous topping
for all rolls. Ready in 20 minutes, these are tasty breakfast
you'll find yourself returning to again and again.
- Pizza Olympiad: This personal-sized round pizza has kalamata
olives. It has a slightly strong flavor and is a delicious meal.
- Righteous Rounds: This bag of chocolate chip cookies has fruit
and vegetable purees blended in. While those ingredients are
near the end of the ingredient list and therefore not terribly
plentiful, their addition (and a special baking process) makes
these crunchy cookies slightly healthier and have an
interesting and pleasant (in my opinion) taste.
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls: This package of 16
cookie-size balls of chocolate chip cookie dough makes
fresh-baked cookies easy, quick, and neat. Make them all at
once or just bake what you want to eat. The ingredients are
just like what you'd use making them from scratch. And they
- Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins: These moist muffins have a strong
banana flavor and a medium amount of chocolate chips. Very tasty.
- Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers: These small sandwiches have
a dollop of peanut butter between two small, tasty crackers.
You can eat a bunch without overdoing it.
- Orange Cardamom Star Cookies: These are star-shaped shortbread
cookies with strong orange and cardamom flavor. The combination
of tastes is very good. They are sold around the holidays.
- Frozen Danish Pancakes: These crispy hemispheres of baked
dough are delicious for breakfast. They heat up quickly in the
microwave but still remain crispy. They have a hint of lemon and
are enjoyed by all.
Last modified on 9 Jun 2012 by AO
Copyright © 2016 Andrew Oliver