Decade's Best of Java: 2010s
With the decade of 2010 just about over, here are the best tools and
tech from the Java ecosystem from the past 10 years:
- Apache Tomcat: The go-to servlet container for many projects. Used by numerous cloud providers. Fast and light for local deployments and containers.
- H2 Database: A 100% Java database that is fast, stable, and light. Read my detailed write-up here.
- Jersey Jax-RS implementation: Annotate your way to RESTful APIs.
- Codename One: Make write-once, run-anywhere mobile applications in Java.
- pitest: Mutation testing is awesome-sounding, but its practical value is impressive.
- Picocli: A simple, powerful command-line parser for Java. It uses annotations on member variables to inject command-line parameters quickly and easily. An order of magnitude better than old-style command-line libraries for Java.
Last modified on 23 Dec 2019 by AO
Copyright © 2020 Andrew Oliver